Saturday, November 9, 2013

What Makes a Man Cry......

I woke up early today, before the clowns and in the silence of a cool November morning, I wrote a post. Not an ordinary my kid shoved skittles up his nose kind of post. Not a my job or life sucks and God has all the answers type of post. This one was a little different.

You see when I was a junior in high school I lost my best friend to a car accident. And this morning, while I was thinking of something to blog about, my thoughts turned to my friend and I begin to type. I wrote about how I spoke to him hours before the accident and he wanted me to go with him. I wrote about when I got the news. I wrote about the following weeks and how I would see his face from time to time in a crowed hallway. I wrote about being 16/17 years old and dealing with death up close and personal. And as I sat at my computer typing away, a grown man, thinking about those events so long ago, my eyes welled up with tears.

Scars are souvenirs you never lose...

1 comment:

  1. No, those scars stay with you forever. I'm so sorry you had to face death like that at such a young age. :(

    ReplyDelete