Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Learning New Things...

Every so often in life, between sports events, band concerts, work and family, we learn a few things along the way. Here are just a few things that I've learned recently.

What I've learned: First, cats are not as smart as people think. The picture below is our cat; Cat. He has an actual name, but I'm not sure what it is. You see we started out calling him a girl name, then found out he was a boy and things got a little weird after that so now he's just Cat. So anyway, we were trying to actually potty train him. We basically shut off the clowns bathroom and turned it in to his little private domain. Which, as you can see from the picture was working.....well except he had problems doing the #2  in the potty. That's kind of a deal breaker. I'm not sure if he's just getting us back for the name thing or what. But chalk it up to something learned. My cat will not poop in the toilet.


What else I've Learned: I learned recently that a family of five needs two bathrooms. Period. Sticking with the bathroom theme, apparently someone in my family is really lazy. I guess actually putting the T.P on the holder is just to much to ask for.


Another Thing I've learned:  I learned that no matter how much you want them to stay little, you're kids will grow up. They will experience hardships, defeat, and embarrassment, and all the things you want to shelter them from. No matter what you do or how you try to protect them. It's just gonna happen.

Something else I've learned:  If you tell your wife you ate eight cookies for lunch and won the lottery, she will only hear that you ate eight cookies and make fun of you for the next two weeks every time you go to the kitchen. Not that I won the lottery or anything.


So here's to learning new things....





1 comment:

  1. Yeah, those 8 cookies... LOL
    Your cat is cracking me up, and unfortunately you are right about the kids. But it makes us so proud of them and how strong the are when they get older. I promise.

    ReplyDelete