Friday, April 25, 2014

Sensible shoes

Sensible shoes.

 It's a song by David Lee Roth. I'm not a big DLR fan but I like this particular song. Not necessarily for the lyrics, but because I love the actual music. It's a bit bluesy with some harmonica riffs thrown in and has a nice slow blues rhythm.  I like the song much more now than I ever have as my taste in music has changed to "old man music".  I remember when the song came out in 1991 on his A Little Ain't Enough album. I was a senior in high school. At the time Diamond Dave had broke from Van Halen and gone solo. I wasn't fanatical about Van Halen but I listened to them a little bit. So when his solo stuff came out I bought it.

Last night, while we were sitting at my daughter's basketball practice, the guy next to me commented on my shoes. Saying I had on fancy shoes. I hadn't changed from my work clothes and I still had on my dress shoes. Fancy loafers I guess.

Today I found myself looking at shoes as co-workers walked by because of this comment. I guess that's why this song is stuck in my head, because I actually spent a portion of my day inspecting shoes. As I passed people I thought about the guy at the basketball practice. Was he thinking about my shoes what I thought about some of my co-workers shoes? Were their shoes fancy? Fancier than my loafers? You've heard the expressions you can tell a lot by a man's shoes or don't judge a man until you've walked in his shoes. Maybe the guy last night was trying to tell a lot about me based on my shoes?  I just think they're sensible. 





No comments:

Post a Comment