Friday, January 31, 2014

You need me....

A week or so ago I wrote a post about Love me some me. In that post I explain how I was a bit disappointed at the results when I asked my clowns to name some things they love and not one of them said themselves.

Now fast forward.  My son started playing basketball in the last week or so, and I have to say I'm really impressed with how much he's improved from last year, and truth be told, he's one of our best player in one of his leagues. 

But just like every young boy he can get a little squirly from time to time. So the other night I had to sit him down and have a talk about his behavior. 

I explained to the young lad that I expected him to make good decisions and do the right thing not only at school but at home as well and that his behavior  from the previous morning would not be tolerated. I then explained to my growing superstar that if he could not behave the way I and his mother expect then we would take privileges away from him. This included privileges such as t.v. iPods and or basketball. To which my son looked me dead in the eye and said, just as a matter of fact as anything he's ever said to me....

But dad, you need me on that team to win games..... 


Maybe he's taking this whole love me some me thing a bit to far. 


2 comments:

  1. He got you on that one!! Too funny. And it sounds just like what you would have said at his age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I tried not to laugh, but.... :)

    ReplyDelete