Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Star Lite, Star Bright...

Hey Lifers....

So like most of you my mornings are pretty regimented. I pretty much have it down to a science. I know, down to the last minute what time I have to leave before I'm late. I know, down to the last minute, what time I have to get up before I'm late.

I take no longer the 30 minutes to get ready. Eat your heart out ladies. I set my clothes out and sometimes make my lunch the night before, so that helps. I shower, get dressed, feed the cat and dog, fix one cup of coffee, thank you DW for the coffee maker, and I'm out the door.

My routine does not change much. Some days I may shovel a bowl of Fruit Loops or Frosted Flakes down my pie hole, but that's about the only change. Five days a week at 6 am.

For the last week or so, after opening the garage door to the cool sunless morn, I'm noticed a clear star filled sky. It seems picture perfect, and I say to myself, wow.

But time is of the essence, remember I have it down pat, and I don't have time to stop and smell the roses. So I move on. I get in my car and start my day.

But today? Today was different. Today I stopped. I stood there in my driveway looking up at the sky. I tried to find the big and little dipper. I pretended to know the other constellations. I marvel at the beauty. At the magnitude of how small we really are on this planet. In this universe. I'm amazed at how clear it is. At how the stars light up the sky. It's dark and cool out. The only light is a distant street lamp. My neighbors and family lay still in their beds. I stand there motionless looking up.




After a few minutes I realize.....Crap, gotta go. Gonna be late. 


J-Tony

Sometimes we just have to slow down and take a look around.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure my husband made me fall in love with him by taking me star-gazing. It's now one of my most favorite things to do!

    Glad you got to slow down, even for a few seconds! (Or a lot of seconds...you know, enough time to actually locate real constellations.)

    ReplyDelete