So I started a little project with my clowns today. I know I'm such an evil papa.
I asked the two youngest to make me a list of 20 things they like. I asked the oldest to make me a list of 15 things she believes. Now keep in mind my clowns are 5, 7 and 9. My oldest didn't create hers exactly as I'd hoped, and I had to help the other two just a bit, but it was fun. Here they are.
Youngest (boy 5) : Things I like
3. Video Games
5. Dad - Nice to know I cracked the top 5.
7. The Kitty
8. Maggie -Our dog
9. Radio's / Music
12. Sports - Watching, playing, talking with Dad about sports. Karate
13. Shoes- Do you really like shoes son? No not really. Ok then lets not put that one down.
13. Fresh Air - I like to catch fire flies
14. I like to sleep in
15. I don't like anyone to bother me when I sleep - Let's stick to things we do like.
20. Holiday World. - It's an amusement/water park.
Here's my 7 year old's list.
4. Video Games
5. Watching T.V
7. Stove Top Stuffing
8. Helping other people
9. I like the color Purple
10. Sunny Days
12. To be pretty- Hey who doesn't?
14. I like going out to eat but not when looking like a rag muffin in karate clothes.- Yeah so maybe she's heard the DW say this once or twice.
15. Happy movies
18. I like to be cool in the summer, and hot in the winter
19. I like Pearl -Her friend at school
20. My parents- This one actually took her awhile to come up with.
Now like I said for my oldest daughter, I asked her to make me a list of things she believes. Here's what she came up with.
1. I believe I can become a black belt
2. I believe in God
3. I believe my bro can stop being annoying
4. I believe that the house can be cleaner
5. I believe karate is fun
6. I believe school is a little interesting
7. I believe people should start listening to my dad - THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT. BAM
8. I believe mom should have dinner done before karate
9. I believe L can stop running around in his underwear.
10. I believe this heat can stop
11. I believe we can go to karate in 3 days a week - We currently just go two days. Think she's trying to tell me something?
12. I believe O can stop forcing me to play American Girls with her.
13. I believe the cat can stop getting in mom's chair.
14. I believe mom can stop making us go shopping.
15. I believe I'm smart.
Can you tell we just got back from Karate.
Now here's my list of 15 things I believe.
1. I believe in God
2. I believe there is a difference between being a Father and being a Dad.
3. I believe in being a great Dad
4. I believe every child needs a strong mother.
5. I believe in being a great husband.
6. I believe in kissing good night/good bye.
7. I believe the designated hitter should be banned in baseball.
8. I believe in showing my clowns, not telling them.
9. I believe if you can't be rich, be funny.
10. I believe I'm funny
11.I believe there was a second shooter in the Kennedy Assassination
12. I believe my sister is naturally funny, and my brother is stronger than I give him credit for.
13. I believe Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player of all time.
14. I believe my wife is smarter than me, or is it I? Whatever,maybe I should ask her.
15. I believe I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for my wife.
Yeah so I made the DW give me an I believe list also. Here's hers
1. I believe that my husband loves me. All of me. The me that nobody else sees.
2. I believe I was not prepared to take the time on a Friday evening to make a list of things I believe in...
3. I believe Diet Coke should be considered a healthy alternative to water
4. I believe my children sometimes bear the brunt of my frustrations. And I also believe that my children make me bear the brunt of their frustrations
5. I believe I don't have any really close "you're my bff" type friends - and honestly never really have had - however, I have my sister who has always been my best friend (even when she annoyed me) and I *heart* her very much
6. I believe my children know how much they are loved and are having a great childhood (at least I hope that's what they tell their shrink as they're lying on the sofa...)
7. I believe I put way too many pressures on myself - but mainly related to my career
8. I believe that I'll never live up to my own expectations
9. I believe my husband is a better housewife than I am
10. I believe that my dad asks me about the oil in my car every time we talk (well a lot of the times that we talk) because he loves me
11. I believe that my mom loves me and I love her
12. I believe that I am truly blessed with the in-laws that I have (I have some friends that aren't as fortunate as I am and have some crazies for in-laws. Whew... lucky I'm not them!)
13. I believe I am now running out of room on this list I didn't want to even do...
14. I believe that I love my job and my clients - most of the time
15. I believe that I am stronger than I give myself credit for and can actually do whatever I put my mind to - except to deny myself chocolate. Or Diet Coke.
So tell me some things you believe Lifers. And ask your clowns some things they like. I'm sure you'll have some fun.