Friday, September 23, 2011

The Last Meal

Hey Lifers...

So I saw today where the state of Texas will no longer grant death row inmates their last meal. You know for a long time any inmate who was facing execution could request, and receive, their last meal before being put to death.

Well it made me think. What would my last meal be? So I've put together a little list of what my last meal would be.....with a little twist.

Now I know there's no way I'd be granted my list, but heck there's no way I'd be on death row so I guess I can make it however I want. So here goes.

I'd like to have my dad's waffles. Yes that's right. When I was little every now and then my dad would make us waffles for breakfast on the weekends. Now I'm sure they weren't any better than anybody else's waffles, but they were something different, and they were from dad. Mom usually did all the cooking so for dad to make them, they were special.

I'd have my mom's cherry cheese cake. My mom make me at least one cheese cake a year. Something she's been doing since I was about six or seven years old. It's the best. I've had others, and none are close to moms.

My DW really is an awesome cook, she just doesn't do it enough. And from her I'd have the chicken rollatini that she made for me the very first time she ever cooked for me. I knew I was in love with my first bite.

I'd have my sister's pumpkin bread, because it'd remind me of when we were kids, and my grandma's apple pie.

I'd wash it all down with my aunt's sweet ice tea. Loved her tea.

So my last meal would be a combination of things that my family cooks from time to time. All these things would remind me of my life and family in my last hours. Although I'm guess if you've only got a few hours to live you probably don't need a meal to remind you of these things right? But whatev.

J-Tony

So tell me...what would your last meal be?

1 comment:

  1. I would ask for every single gluten containing food item that I have been missing (including but not limited to: Lender's bagels with butter AND cream cheese - try it, it's awesome!, a pretzel from a street vendor in NYC, a Kit Kat, REAL cupcakes, stuffed artichokes, my father's macaroni and meatballs - meatballs must contain breadcrumbs!, and s'mores).

    ReplyDelete