Saturday, November 8, 2014

30 in a row.....can it be done?????

I can't do it. 

I hate hearing these words uttered from one's mouth. Just the other night I got onto my son for saying this exact thing. But dad I can't do it..... those words run through me like no other. Yes you can, I told him. Don't ever believe that you can't. Don't ever beat yourself. Always believe you can no matter what the odds. 

Yet here I sit thinking, I can't do this..

Every so often I sit down and peck out a blog post and think, for the next month, or 30 days because it rarely happens on the first day of the month, I'm going to blog every day. 30 post in a row. No stopping, I tell myself. You can do this. It doesn't matter if it's about something stupid like air fresheners or something profound like my thoughts on when I'm dead. Either way, I'm going to sit my butt down and write. Then I'm going to hit publish. You see I have a bad habit of writing something, then just leaving it and never posting it. I wrote a post about it once. I think it's still in my drafts. 

So this past November 1st was no different. I thought, here we go, the whole month, every day. One post a day......and here it is November 8th, and I've written one besides this one, and with each day that passes and I don't get something out, I think. Who am I kidding, I can't blog every day. I can't do it.  

It's sad how those words come out of me without a second thought. 

So in an effort to practice what I preach, here it goes. For the next 30 days, one post a day.......I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment