Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Today's Breakfast...

I received a text message this morning from my dad wanting to know if we were all OK. It struck me as odd. One, because I don't normally get texts at 7am unless its my birthday, and two this wasn't something my dad normally did. My initial thought was we had received unexpected snow throughout the night. I immediately pictured in my head letting the dog outside and looking at six feet of snow. I quickly realized, no snow. I replied back that everybody was fine but inquired why he asked?

Please pray for me.  I feel good and evil fighting for my soul daily and I just want it to end. I just want to be numb.

This was the facebook post of a friend back in April. Not a day goes by in my life that I don't think about this post and this friend at some point. When I first read it, I reached out. Sent a private message asking this person to seek some help. Hell I even peeled back the layers of my past and explained how I got through a rough patch thinking maybe that could help. We all have them, rough patches. Times in our lives when we feel like we just can't get it right, and maybe never will. 

I woke up today thinking about my friend. They must have been in a dream, although I don't remember. I'm one of those people who rarely remember what they dream. Unless it's about spiders. It's a bit unfair really. Never being able to see in your minds eye what cool places you've been. But today the first thing on my mind what this friend, until I received my father's text. 

Just checking on everybody. Have an uneasy feeling this morning, he wrote. 

I sent my friend another private message. 

I don't know if good or evil work in certain ways. Does God touch one person in hopes of touching another, does Satan? Do I believe in either? I don't know, but my friend replied,, thanks for thinking of me......

No comments:

Post a Comment