So for the past few years we've spent our fall break at Disney World. It's a great family vacation that I'm so glad we can provide for our family. So since I've been for the last 4 years, here are my Must Do's Disney
10. Slow Down...My first must do is slow down. Try to remember you're on vacation. I know it's tempting to try and cram everything into one day, but take it easy. Relax and enjoy yourself.
9. Stay on Disney Property....We've done both, stayed at a hotel close by to save some money and on Disney property. In the end staying on Disney Property is such a better experience. The resort staffs are awesome and you get the entire Disney experience. Don't be cheap. Stay on the property if at all possible.
8. Do your homework....Every year my DW puts a lot of time and effort making our vacation the best it can be. If you don't do your homework ahead of time like making your reservations, having an agenda and planning what parks to visit, you will waste a lot of time. Let's face it. The crowds can be heavy and every year my DW plans what parks to visit based on the anticipation of those crowds. She does her homework and it pays off. Not to mention the fast passes.
7. Wear Disney attire...Every year the DW puts us in Disney shirts. Usually we coordinate in some way, and every year I complain about it asking, why I can't just wear a normal shirt. But here's the thing. You're not in your hometown. It's not normal "life". It's vacation and it's the happiest place on earth. Let your hair down a bit and wear goofy shirts together....no pun intended.
6. Wear Mickey Ears... Yes. This goes along with #7 sort of. But look. Again, You're on vacation and what's the old saying. When in Rome do as the Romans. Wear the ears at least once. Now a days they have so many more than just the basic Mickey ones. Find one you like and wear them proudly. After all. Nobody back home will know.
5. Get a Dole Whip... Basically this is an ice cream float with pineapple juice. You can get them in a couple different varieties but it's a must.
4. Ride Big Thunder Mountain...Big Thunder Mountain is a roller coaster, and even if you're not a roller coaster guy, you should ride it. It doesn't have big drops, cork screws or take you upside down. Think about it. It's a Disney Roller Coaster. But it's a Disney World Legend. It's the one ride we all agree on over and over.
3. Take in a show... Disney World offers a few different shows in various parks. There's the Lion King at Animal Kingdom, and Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios just to name a couple that I really enjoy. The point is, Disney doesn't skip on the details in anything they do. So sit down, watch a show that you normally wouldn't watch. You won't be disappointed.
2. Stay for the fireworks... I can remember all the times when I was a kid my dad would always be like, "we can see them as we're walking towards the car". "You've seen one fireworks show you've seen them all". But look. Stay a little longer. Watch the fireworks, and watch your kids watch them. Besides Disney puts on great fireworks shows.
1. See Mickey Mouse. Yes the lines can be long if you get there on a busy day, and maybe it's hot, or whatever. But look. He is the reason you're there. So suck it up. Meet the mouse and get your picture taken with him. It's worth it. Actually this year we met a Mickey that actually talked to us. It was so worth it.
So there you have it. My top 10 Disney Must Do's... Let me know what you think.