Thursday, November 20, 2014

Because Juno MacGuff...

Sometimes the pain shoots right through me and then it's gone, but mostly it's a dull ache that never leaves. Like a dripping faucet, it constantly reminds me.

My oldest daughter has a D minus in gym class. I know we can't all be Rhodes scholars and lord knows I struggled in school, but for God sake, it's gym class. How much effort is really required for gym? I'm sure she'll say things like, it's not the same as when you were in school dad, and maybe she's right. Maybe it's not the same. Maybe it's not the same because she's a girl and I'm a boy. Maybe it's not the same because she's older than her twelve years would indicate. Maybe because she's more like Juno MacGuff, than Mia Hamm. 

Pancakes and bacon are what's for dinner because there isn't much time until the basketball game and mom's busy with a different school function with the other daughter.

It's a fine time to learn that the boy doesn't like bacon.

Only he does like bacon he just likes making me crazy more. Not, Heerree'ss Johnny!! crazy, but rather, he's just like me when I was his age crazy. And I wonder how in the world did we get here?

Not here as in arguing whether or not the boy likes bacon, but rather to this stage in our lives. 

It seems like only yesterday we were making up code words for I love you and running up 400$ phone bills in a long distance relationship. 

I'm not so sure I'm ready for this part of life. You know the old age part.

Not that I'm old, but the dull ache in my shoulder, and the stiffness in my hands, or the pain from my knees constantly remind me, life is moving on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment