Thursday, November 13, 2014

Letters from Beyond...

Today I was thinking about my death, and what if it happened today or tomorrow, what would be my last words to my children? It's no surprise to anyone who knows me, I love being a father. I love teaching them. I love just talking to them. Something I feel to many parents, especially dad's don't do enough of.

So this afternoon I sat down and wrote them each a note as if today was my last day on earth. I know it's a bit weird, but we don't get to choose when we die. Sometimes we never see it coming. So instead of my shouting, good-bye, as I rush out the door being the last thing my kids hear from me. I wrote them each a letter.




I told them each things that I love about them right now. Things that I've seen as they've grown up, and things I want them to always remember. Each one of them was something different because each one of my clowns are different. There were things for my daughters about loving themselves and others. Begin a good mom and wife if they choose that path. And about being strong women. For my son I wrote about what it means to be a man. How to be a father, husband and brother. And what the future holds as all three.

I know my Letters from Beyond seem a bit weird, and I hope they never have to open them, but if something should happen to me today, tomorrow or next week, who's gonna give them fatherly advise.




No comments:

Post a Comment