Friday, October 22, 2010

Panning for Gold and what will surely be the death of me

Ok so if you have a cat then you can relate, if you don't then I'm sorry if I sound like that crazy guy that talks about his cat. We have a cat. We have a pain the you know what cat. Now don't get me wrong I like the cat, but why do cats have to be....well cats?

First of all, I do not in the least, let me repeat, I do not in the least like cleaning the litter box, or as I call it "Panning for Gold". But I guess who really does. Ok so maybe the reason I don't like it so much is because I'm the only one in my house who Pan's for Gold. In all fairness I don't want "The Monsters" to do it because that would just make matters worse and I'm sure my stress level would increase and the yelling would be heard blocks away. I can just imagine L, aka "mini-me" rolling his trucks through the sand trap, or miss O analyzing every "nugget" she found. Not to mention getting it all over the floor, which I would have to clean up in the end anyway. And I know I'd never get miss E to even get near it.

Our cat loves to add insult to injury by watching me clean his poo box. So not only is it bad enough that I have to clean it, but I have to go through the humiliation of him watching me with that smirk on his face like he's royalty and I am soooo lucky to be able to clean up his crap. So tonight as I'm cleaning it, he decides to swat at the scoop and knock the scoopful of treasure I have just collected, all over the floor...Awesome. So now I have to clean that mess. Sooo not loving the cat right now.

So I asked the question, why do cats have to be cats. Again, if you have a cat you know what I mean. They run across the room at warp speed for no apparent reason. They bring you dead prizes, they lay around the house just waiting on you to pamper them. And...they walk under your feet.

And that's how he will surely be the death of me. Apparently our cat thinks that when somebody walks into the bedroom which is connected to the bathroom (where his food dish is) that means hurry up and get to the food because the human is surely after it. Again this means cutting you off and crossing your path every step of the way. Sometimes not a big deal, but every morning at 5 am when we get up and I've got like one eye half way open...yeah big deal.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like the cat, just why does he have to be such a cat.

j-tony

No comments:

Post a Comment