Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Good Job...Way to...Try??

Hey Lifers.

So the other day I noticed this little gem the oldest clown was carrying around. When I asked her what it was, this is what she showed me...



.

This....is a participation ribbon from her field day at school. Now as soon as she told me what it was my mind started racing......WHAT? PARTICIPATION? WHAT'S THAT? WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS? WHY DIDN'T YOU WIN? CAN'T YOU RUN FASTER, JUMP HIGHER, OR AT LEAST CHEAT BETTER THEN THE OTHER KIDS? OBVIOUSLY I'VE TAUGHT YOU NOTHING.

 So I calmly asked her about the day.

Now we all remember field day at school right? Sack and relay races, high and long jumps, things like that right?

So like I said, I asked her how the day was and she said it was fun, except for the running parts?

WHAT? WHAT ELSE IS THERE ON FIELD DAY BESIDES RUNNING? YOU'RE NINE? YOU CAN'T THINK RUNNING SUCKS YET. THAT'S NOT UNTIL YOU'RE LIKE, IN YOUR THIRTIES AND REALITY HITS YOU THAT YOU'VE GOT 3 KIDS, YOUR OUT OF SHAPE, AND THERE'S NO GOING BACK. NO, YOU CAN NOT THINK EXERCISE SUCKS YET. IT'S NOT FAIR TO US OLD OUT OF SHAPE PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO CAN'T EXERCISE.

So she explained a few of the races to me and she seemed to have fun, so I guess that's all that matters.

J-Tony

Leave me a comment Lifers.

No comments:

Post a Comment