Saturday, May 21, 2011

His First

Hey Lifer
Ok so today I bit the bullet and did something that I really, really don't enjoy doing.

When I was a boy one of my worse memories with my father was fishin'. I hated it. I hated everything about it. I hated the heat, the sun, the worms. Everything. It seemed I never caught anything except maybe a sunburn. Oh I always managed to catch some tree bass, or hook the old man every once in awhile, but never anything that I could be proud of.

One year, on a family vacation, my dad decided he wanted to do some trout fishin'. Sorry, around these here parts you have to say fishin'. So apparently the only time trout like to eat is at five o'clock in the morning. What? So let me see if I get this straight. I have to get up earlier on my vacation then I do when I go to school? I didn't want to go, but I did. I guess I didn't know how to tell my dad that I didn't want to get up at the butt crack of dawn and do something I hated. So I went. And no we didn't catch anything. I think we went every morning that week.

Now it only seems natural that I would marry a woman who not only likes fishin', but is good at it too. In fact, her entire family are, fisher..men...people. Whatever. They all fish, like it, and they're good at it.

So back in March, for his birthday, my FIL got Mini-me a fishin' pole and told him that his daddy would have to take him fishin'. And of course for the last two months, mini-me has been asking when?

Today was that day.





He's first fish
And it was pretty fun. Now don't get me wrong. He hooked me, he caught some tree bass, and I had to bait his hook like a million times. But we had fun.

J-Tony

Tell me Lifers. Do you like to fish?

2 comments:

  1. This picture of him and his first fish is priceless. He looks so much like you at that age. I love fishing!! I started fishing with my dad when I was about five. I love it because I can relax and enjoy nature. It is a great sport so keep taking him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. He'll always remember his first fish. Mom

    ReplyDelete