Monday, August 22, 2011

Just a little off the top please....

Hey Lifers...

So Saturday evening we're getting ready to head out for the DW's birthday dinner. All the clowns were getting clothes on, hair combed and shoes on. I was in the back of the Palace when suddenly I hear middle clown start bawling.

I've learned over the last seven years that middle clown wears her heart on her sleeve. She can cry just from someone accusing her of something. No seriously, I accused her just the other day of doing something she didn't do and she started crying. So anyway.

I emerge from the back and we pass each other in the hallway. I ask her what's wrong? I.. wa.. di.. ha.. cuz.. it.. mom. Woooo. Slow down and stop crying. It..bu..ha..I..my..wan...mom..

Yeah this is going nowhere fast.

So I asked the DW, and it turns out she cut her own bangs.
Now this is not my clown, and she didn't cut it this bad, but apparently she had some hair that was in her face and decided she'd take care of it.

I immediately texted my mom and told her. My mom knows all to well about kids cutting their own hair. As a kid I think I cut my hair maybe three or four times. The most memorable was when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade and I cut my bangs the night before our school pictures.

So you see... it's in her blood.

J-Tony

Tell me Lifers. You ever cut your own hair as a child?

3 comments:

  1. I remember when you cut your hair...each time.....you'd think that your mom would've learned to hide the scissors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I remember your hair cut before pictures. Nice. You did have a thing about cutting your own hair. Every kid does it. I don't remember Josh ever cutting his hair but Justin cut his hair once and threw the hair in our next door neighbors yard thinking I wouldn't know. Tell Olivia she may start a new hair style as school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lucky so far with this. Bud hasn't cut his hair (not that there is much to cut anyway) but he did take a pair of scissors to his shirt. That was special!

    I'm just waiting for Babe to do it. It's not an "if" but a "when"!

    ReplyDelete