Saturday, August 27, 2011

TEN

Yo Lifers...

So today is the 20th Anniversary of the album Ten by Pearl Jam

This was one of the first CD's I ever bought, and let me tell you it didn't disappoint. Now I'm sure most of you know that this album was the spring board to Pearl Jams success. But it, along with Nevermind from Nirvana, really started the grunge movement for suburban yuppies like myself.

I first got this CD in my early 20's or so, you know, back when I was cool. Well......Ok so maybe back when I was younger anyway. So I sort of grew-up listening to this album.

So here's a little fact I heard yesterday about the band. Their original name was Mookie Blaylock, named after the basketball player, but was changed to Peal Jam because of trademark issues.

Now I'm not a die hard, know everything, love everything Pearl Jam geek, but I did listen to them and even went to one of their concerts.

So anyway, Happy Anniversary Ten.

So today ONCE you've had your BLACK, coffee and feel ALIVE, and decide, WHY GO?  I hope you have a day with a nice EVEN FLOW, no matter what you do. Maybe you hang out with a friend named JEREMY, visit some OCEANS, hang out on the back PORCH, or just pick veggies in your GARDEN. Whatever it is, don't get in to DEEP. But if you do, for crying out loud, have a RELEASE.

J-Tony

Once
Even Flow
Alive
Why Go
Black
Jeremy
Oceans
Porch
Garden
Deep
Release

No comments:

Post a Comment