Friday, August 5, 2011

Truckin', like the Do-Dah Man...

Hey Lifers...


So if you follow my blog page on Facebook, A Day in the Life,  then you know I've been on the road the last couple of days. I had to travel down to Tennessee for business purposes.

During my six hour drive I discovered satellite radio. I know, I know, hey welcome to the future cave man. Maybe I should phrase it as the rental car I had actually had satellite radio. We don't have it in our cars. So it came in pretty handy driving through these mountains.

I also discovered that I could totally be a truck driver. The open road, warm sunshine, the hum of the freeway under my feet. OK maybe that's the satellite radio talking, after all it is Friday Night.

I think the worst part about being a truck driver, besides the stereotypes, for me would be having to poop.

You see I'll go to a gas station to make a quick pit stop when I have to do the one, but noooooo way am I stopping at the nearest Speedway to do the 2.

So then you have to drive around until you find someplace that is fairly clean right? That is if you don't go to an actual truck stop. And in my book that's just as bad as the Speedway.

Now you're driving around looking for a McDonald's or a Chick-fil-A that accepts truck parking. So you pull the rig into the parking lot, head inside and make a B-line for the bathroom.

Then after you're finished you have to try to slink outta there because you know the 16 year old punk behind the counter saw you come in and now he's seeing you leave. You know he's going to make fun of you for just coming in and going to the can. So you have to at least order a coke so he thinks you came in for more than just to crap.

Yeah come to think of it, maybe being a trucker isn't for me.

J-Tony

Leave me a comment Lifers

2 comments:

  1. You know that I am wholeheartedly with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a trucker, don't do it. I get the joke, but to those reading and thinking "maybe tho"......no...........just........no. Trust me. No.

    ReplyDelete