Saturday, December 4, 2010

Date Night...

Ok so the DW and I had a little "date night" last night. Well I don't know if you could call it a date, we actually just did some Christmas shopping for the clowns while they were staying over at the in-laws, but it felt like date night.

So the wife and I went to dinner after work, and then some shopping. You know shopping's not my thing, but the night out was nice. We had a nice dinner where it didn't feel rushed and we didn't have to referee anybody, and we had some great food in a grown-up atmosphere. So it was pretty nice.

The shopping part wasn't to bad either really. The stores weren't so crowded that we couldn't move and we didn't have to wait in line for very long at any one place.

You know being a parent now and doing the Christmas shopping reminds me of when I was a child and my mom would do all the Christmas shopping for us. I don't remember my dad going out with her much at all, maybe he did and I just didn't see it, but I can remember my mom being out all weekend long from morning till dinner, shopping. We always had the best Christmases.

So anyhow the "date night" with the DW and I finished up last night about 10:30 when we finally got home. We both quickly got all the stuff in, got in our Jammie's, and plopped down. She in front of the computer, and I in front of the t.v. It only took about a half an hour before she was waking me up to say, let's go to bed. Seems like that's about the way it goes anymore where she's waking me up to tell me to go to bed. Like I said though, it was a good time just being alone with her for a change. Naturally we don't get to spend a lot of times with just the two of us, so even if it's just a few hours it's nice. It's nice to get to reconnect sometimes.

Married couples need that you know. I mean we spend every evening together with the clowns, have dinner, do homework, baths, dishes, laundry, housework, all that jazz, just to get up and do it all over again the next day, and sometimes it feels more like a school project then a marriage. Now don't get me wrong here. All I'm saying is that sometimes you need that date night to walk around the mall with a beautiful woman on your arm. It's not always about what you do on that night, but rather who your with.

So today will be back to all the things we do on Saturday's. Clowns, Housework, laundry, car repair (still having  issues), yada, yada, yada.

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment