Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday Night Madness

Ok so today is Tuesday, which means its time to ball. My league game doesn't start until 9 tonight, which means I'm going to be dragging tomorrow. You see I'm beat already and I've still got two hours before game time. Why am I beat already you ask? Well a little thing called Fantasy Football.

Yes the fantasy football playoffs started this past weekend, and let me tell you it was awesome. I know that sounds silly, but it really was a rush. You see I play in a league with the guys I work with, so there is a certain degree of bragging rights at stake here as well.

Now this past Sunday didn't start out to well for me. I was down early and had actually come to terms with the fact that I was going to lose. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I did it. In fact on Monday morning while my opponent was rubbing it in and talking about his match-up for the following week, I told our Commissioner how much I had enjoyed playing this year and that I would be back next year, even though I still had a few players playing in the Monday Night games. A few guys had told me stuff like it's not over yet, while others said they couldn't believe I'd lost.

So last night I didn't start my evening by watching the games. Again, thinking I was done. But right before I was heading to bed around 11, I decided to check online and see what the score was just to see what the damage was. To my shock and amazement, I was only down a few points. I quickly turned the t.v to the football game and decided I had to watch. Now I guess at this point I could have just gone on to bed and got the results in the morning, but who was I kidding. This was the playoffs, and I was only down a few points.  Well the game didn't end until after midnight, and in the end, I had won. (see picture..I'm team Stepdad).

Well I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe I had won. During the game, I was yelling at the t.v, and pacing the floor hoping that my guy would score some points for me. I'm sorry if you don't understand the concept of fantasy football, I'm sure at this point you're thinking, is he still talking about fantasy football?

So like I said, I won. It was an awesome feeling. So awesome in fact that right after that I tried to finally go to bed. Well I couldn't sleep. I was so jacked up from yelling at the t.v and wanting to win that I couldn't sleep once I finally got in bed. It took me over an hour to calm down and drift off to sleep. I know I know pretty silly, but whatever.

Which leads me to tonight. After getting about 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night, I'm beat. And tonight of all nights my basketball game is not until 9. Well it was worth it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the good of the team.  

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment