Thursday, June 23, 2011

My First...

Hey Lifers...

The other day I heard a concert promotion on the radio and it made me think about my first concert. Well it wasn't exactly my first, but it was the first one I went to that wasn't chaperoned by a parent.

Now when I was around 13 or so I had the cassette tape, remember those, of Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet. Yeah I was way cool.

 I knew every word for every song on that tape. I knew every guitar solo, drum solo, and intro. In fact there was no other 13 year old who made the ladies melt like I did when I rocked the air guitar to Never Say Goodbye. So when he was coming in concert to my town, I sooo wanted to go. I asked my mom, but she said no.I was to young or some crap like that.

Yeah I have no idea what that has to do with my first concert since I didn't go? I just wanted you all to feel my awesomeness on the air guitar I guess.

So anyway, right around the summer before my freshman year my brother and sister bought me a couple of tickets to see the Crue. That's right baby...Motley Crue. They were on tour for their Girls, Girls, Girls album, which I had and again knew every song to. Finally, this was it. I was going to my first concert. I got the green light from my parents as long as my older brother took me. He's five years older then me, so I just knew it was going to be awesome.

Now keep in mind I was maybe 14 or 15. I didn't know much, but what I did know was that hot chicks went to Crue concerts. And I'm not talking about the hot chicks that I knew in school. I'm talking about chicks that wore short shorts and fish net tops. The kind of chicks that are in Metal Bands videos, like the chick from Warrant's Cherry Pie.

So anyway, I don't or can't remember any of the hot chicks, but I do remember it was a way cool concert. My brother and I hung out. Not like as older brother, younger brother, but as  buddies. It was pretty cool. We cut up, smoked some squares,  made cat calls at the ladies and rocked out with the Crue.

So anyway, that was my first concert. Well again, I don't exactly count the one my parents took me to. Although Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band rocked back when I was like 10.

J-Tony

So tell me Lifers, what was your first concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment