Thursday, March 31, 2011

Take Me Out to The Ball Game

Yo Lifers, what's up?

It's Opening Day. That's right peeps, the baseball season is upon us.

I love opening day. For me there's nothing quite like opening day. Now I don't necessarily have a favorite team, although I am partial to the Mets, Reds, Dodgers, and Cubs, but overall I truly am a fan of the game. I think baseball is the only sport where I can say I am more of a fan of the game than a fan of a team.  Maybe it's because we don't have an actual home team here.

I can't wait to be able to take my clowns to a game, buy them some snacks and watch them watch the game. I can remember as a child every now and then going to games with either my dad or uncle. My dad is a Cubs fan so that's why I have a soft spot for the lovable loosers. So I sort of root for them to actually win a Championship in his lifetime. And my uncle is a Dodgers fan. So growing up and spending alot of time at his house playing with my cousins, the Dodgers sort of grew on me. Now I'm sure that when we went to games as a child I never really knew much of what was going on, but just having them take me to games shaped my love for baseball. I will admit though that the seasons are to long.

Well so anyway, thank you to my father and uncle, and here's to another great opening day.

J-Tony

So tell me Lifers, are you a baseball fan?

1 comment:

  1. I was a big Braves fan...until the strike. They didn't care for what they did to the fans, so I have not watched a game since then.

    ReplyDelete