Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Sunday

Ok Lifers, so last night was the Super Bowl. We had a pretty lazy day around The Palace leading up to the big game. The clowns played most of the day, and the DW and I took naps. I on the couch, and her in the bedroom.

It wasn't until about 4 o'clock that I decided to go to the dreaded Wally World to get some snacks for the big game. So we had a nice dinner followed by snacks and treats before the game. I made the clowns come watch with me, and all of us sat in the living room as the NFL Championship began.

I thought the game itself was pretty good. I didn't really have a horse in the race, so to speak, so I didn't care to much who won. Mini-me had been saying all week that he was rooting for the Packers, then right at the coin toss, he decides that he wants the Steelers to win. Sorry buddy. Didn't happen.

So I thought the Halftime Show was horrible. The audio was terrible, Fergie botched Sweet Child O' Mine, and it looked like there were some lighting issues, oh and how about Christina Aguilera getting the words wrong to the National Anthem? Nice right? Look if your going to add your style to the National Anthem, then at least get the words right.

So in the end, it was a typical Super Bowl to me. It is an over hyped game. For some reason we have built this game, this day as some sort of holiday. But for me and my family, it was a nice little memory that I hope they remember for every. I know I can remember the first Super Bowl I watched with my dad. I don't remember the game really at all, other then the Steelers beat the Rams. But I remember watching it with my dad.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I thought the best commercial was for 1-800 Flowers (I think), with Faith Hill where some guy types out a note to his girlfriend that's from the heart. You Tube it if you didn't happen to see it. By far the funniest commercial in my opinion.


J-Tony


So tell me did you watch the game? Did you enjoy the game itself? Did you enjoy the halftime show? Or maybe you're like my DW who really only watches the commercials? If so did any stick out more so then others?

No comments:

Post a Comment