Friday, April 22, 2011

Me and Mother Nature

Hey Lifers. So every year around this time I drudge outside, find my special spot and attempt to be one with nature. I am alone. Just me and my thoughts. The earth below me, the sky above me. Every year I vow this year will be different. I pray to my God, and explain all the ways in which I failed the last year. I explain all the ways in which I plan to do better, and how this year will be different. And when I am finished, I step back and admire my works like a proud Leonardo Da Vinci  after painting the Mona Lisa.

Today was again that day. Yes Lifers, today I tilled what will become my garden.

See I've gone through this little ritual every year now for the last three or so years. I get all excited in the beginning. I till. I plant. I water. I weed. Eventually I get plants, and actual food. Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Lettuce, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, whatever. Last year I even went with some Sweet Corn. Although that didn't turn out so well.

But the problem is I get tired of the maintenance that comes with a garden, and by late August early September I mow it down and tell the DW I'm not doing a garden next year.

And every year around this time I begin my little cycle all over again. Wish me luck.

On a side note Lifers, you can now follow me on Twitter at JTony20. Yeah I'm not sure what I'm doing over there yet, but follow along anyway. Why not?

J-Tony

So tell me Lifers, do you have a garden? Do you enjoy gardening?

1 comment: