Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Watch Your Mouth

Hey Lifers, welcome back.

I took a little break from posting the last couple of days, hope you were able to cope.

So the other day my middle clown was attempting to say sitting, but got mixed up and said shitting. Now around my Palace we don't cuss, sure every now and then something might slip from the DW or myself, but we really make it a point not to. So we didn't make a big deal out of her slip of the tongue, but the DW did explain to her that that's not a word that we use, and little kids certainly don't say it. Of course being 6 she wanted to know what it meant, and of course the DW referred her to me saying, ask Daddy, he knows bad words, I don't.

So immediately she walks across the room and asks me what Shit means. I explain the actual word and again, I explain to her that it's a grown-up word that some adults use, but we don't. And from this point on she is not to use it either.
Now the puzzling thing to me was that she didn't ask me what shitting meant, she asked me what shit meant. You see when she slipped up she used the verb tense shitting, but when she asked me she used it as more of a noun; shit. Now only a 6 year old who has heard this word before would know the different forms even existed right? I quickly caught this, grabbed my phone and sent a text to the DW. Yes she was in the room and sitting just a few feet away, but I didn't want the clowns to hear our conversation. I explained to the DW the different ways Miss O presented the word. I told her that I didn't think she slipped up but rather, I think she heard it somewhere before and just wanted to say it and or find out what it means.
To which the DW replied: I blame you.

J-Tony

So let me know about your cussing clowns. I'd love to hear from ya.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you do DW..Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't me. I swear. I don't say shit like that.

    ReplyDelete