Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Ok so I'm a little concerned. As you may know my youngest clown is a mini-me, and although that should be enough to concern me, that's not exactly what this post is about.

So in a few weeks he's going to be 5 years old. So naturally, as with any five year old boy, he likes to wrestle around. Which I really love. We've been wrestling, which we call clowning for at least the last 3 years. I think this is an awesome way for the two of us to laugh, bond, and build memories. I can remember as a little kid getting my dad. It's fun, and it's a fun way to burn off some of that little boy energy.

The problem is, I think he fights dirty.

Now let me explain our clowning just a bit. It usually starts on my bed, and it doesn't matter, to him anyway, if I'm awake or not. If I'm laying down he figures that's an open invitation to jump on me. Now anybody who has a little boy knows that little boys do not, I repeat, do not have very good aim. So I've grown accustom to taking a nap with one eye open, so to speak. Just waiting for him to pounce. Over time, I've learned to cover up just before he does one of his versions of Jimmy Super Fly Snuka on me.
So up to this point, nothing out of the ordinary right? Well here's the deal. Awhile back, and I blame the DW, he decided that poking me in the eye would be funny. So during our scrum, tickle fight, clowning session he'd try to poke me in the eye. I have since convinced him that that's not cool, and we've moved on. Not a moment to soon either. However, he moved from poking me in the eye to head-butting me. Again, had to explain the rules of the clowning. I get him, tickle him, jump on him, won't let him up, that sort of stuff, all the while he doesn't hurt me. Makes sense to me.

Now of course, mini me has two older sisters. So most of the time, the other two decide to join in, and while I'm busy getting the girls, he takes the opportunity to get in a jab or perhaps kick me, and my personal favorite is when he jumps and yells CANON BALL, driving his knees into my back.

Now I understand from a five year old perspective the whole concept of this wrestling seems a little one sided. I get him, I tickle him, I hold him down or whatever, and he's not allowed to defend his self? Doesn't seem very fair? I just don't want to end up like this guy every time we clown.




What do you think? Maybe it's time I start teaching him how to play the guitar?

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment