Thursday, January 27, 2011

I think I have Amnesia

So we've had this big shot in at work for the last week. He comes in about every 4 months or so, so there really wasn't anything new about his being there. But for the week leading up to his arrival, we'd been preparing for his visit. Now when I say preparing, I mean we've been crossing T's and dotting I's that perhaps have been overlooked in the last few months.

So the other day during one of our meetings with The Dalai Lama, some coworkers were explaining what we do and how we do it to him. As I stood there and listened, I had this overwhelming feeling and immediately Kathy Bates and the movie Misery came to mind.

If you haven't seen the movie let me give you some insight. It's based on the book Misery by Steven King. Kathy Bates plays a crazy women who is obsessed with James Caan's character. So much so that she ends up kidnapping him and keeping him locked in a room in her house. Ok that's really about all you need to know. Anyhow, there is a scene called Saturday Cinema where she explains how when she was a kid she blew the whistle so to speak.Check it out.

During my meeting this is exactly how I felt. I wanted to stand up and scream at the top of my lungs. Do you all have amnesia? This isn't what happened last week? This isn't how we do it.

But I didn't.

So tell me. Have you every just had a Kathy Bates Misery moment and stood up and shouted at the top of your lungs at somebody  or about something? Do you every wish you could? 

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment