Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Feel Like Dancing

Ok so before I go on let me just say, that I know I can't, and I'm ok with that. I know that I shouldn't so I don't, out in public anyway, trust me. But every now and then there is one of life's little pleasures that I like to take part in. Again, I know I shouldn't, and I know I can't, but sometimes you just have to let your hair down and cut a rug, you know what I mean.

Tonight was one of those nights. It started out simple enough. I thought I would do a few things around the house, you know laundry, dishes, straighten up, whatever. I just seemed a little restless. So I grabbed the blackberry, hit the Pandora, plugged in the earbuds and away I went. I was in my own musical bliss. My songs, my generation, my groove. I started out cleaning the kitchen a little, and before I knew it there I was doing my version of a jig. Now around my house my clowns think it's funny to see me dancing, which it feels funny, so I'm sure it looks just like it feels, but none the less, I was doing it. I had the white man's overbite and the whole bit. Now some of my moves are exaggerated to add some fun for the clowns, but sometimes I catch myself really doing my thang. Which is bad. Trust me. You do not want me to gain confidence with this. In no way do you want me out on a dance floor thinking I've got what it takes to be on Soul Train or something.

Like I said, I can't dance. I look like Mark Madsen for crying out loud. For those of you who don't know who that is, here is a video of Madsen dancing. He is the white guy on the stage wearing the jeans (in LA mind you).

So anyway, I look a lot like this guy when I'm dancing, or at least that's the way I feel like I look. Maybe even worse, but sometimes the music just moves ya, and you gotta dance, no matter how bad you look.

J-Tony

1 comment: