Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year. We made it. Did you doubt?

Well so last night the DW decided she was going to let the clowns stay up and watch the ball drop. They had never seen the ball drop, and she thought it would be nice for them to actually be up to ring in the new year.

So she went and got some snacks and party favors and things and we had our own little party here at the house. It wasn't to bad. We played some games with them and basically waited around until midnight. The girls watch the Dick Clark countdown show. They seemed to like that, and all in all they did pretty good. There wasn't to much whining or crying, and they made it to midnight. Actually they stayed up later then that. We had them all riled up with the ball dropping that they couldn't just go to bed after that, so we let them stay up a little longer watching t.v.

This morning, thankfully, they've slept in.

So today is new years day. So here's to a happy, healthy new year.
So we did what most people do on New Year's Day. We cleaned up the Christmas junk. Yes that's right, we took down the tree and all the decorations, we rearranged the furniture, and cleaned up. And let me tell you, I looked like the Grinch cleaning up that stuff. I didn't worry about putting it all back nice and neat, I just grabbed stuff and crammed it in the box, or bag, or whatever. I hate taking down Christmas. We have a fake tree, and if I could find a way to cram the tree, ornaments and all back into the box, I would. Of course the DW would never let me. There were a few items today that she had to put back nice and neat.

So we've finished off the afternoon by watching some sports (shocking I know). I have to say that I've been thinking and dreading this trip to Iowa next week for the last few days. I know there's nothing I can do about it, and I should just make the best of it, but it's been eating at me. I don't really know why. I'm pretty sure I know how it's going to go, so there really shouldn't be any surprises, but still. Just bothering me. I guess I should look on the bright side. I should have lots of material to blog about.

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment