Monday, January 10, 2011

Me Time

What a feeling.

Now before I get into it, let me just say that I love my family. I love my clowns, and my DW with all my heart, and there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for them. Anybody who knows me knows that I would in fact, take a bullet for them. In fact I have said several times before that my DW is a large reason that I am today who I am.

That being said, I love me some me time. Now I'm not talking about being away from my family like I was this past week. Staying in a hotel, eating out every night, sleeping alone and not getting to see them for five days. I'm talking about the occasional come home from work, and the house is empty feeling. Now of course I only like this feeling because it doesn't happen to often.

But today it has. Now usually when I get home the DW and the clowns are at it full throttle. The oldest has completed her homework, and they've all moved on (the clowns that is) to the playing together, fighting over who had it first, whining, and yelling, stage of the day.

But not today. Today it is peaceful. Today there are no video games to fight over. Today there are not barbie houses, no play food, and no computer to argue about. Today, right now, this very moment, it is me time.

For those of you who have little clowns, you know what I mean. You see for me, I don't get that much "free" time. Now don't get me wrong, I do my own things like play ball, or play my guitar and lately I've picked up the harmonica, but these things are not the same. I'm talking about quite uninterrupted time. No t.v. No kids. No music. Nobody. Just me. Just me and my thoughts. Just me and time. Time to relax. Time to finish reading a book. Time to just sit and stare, and reflect.

So I have chosen to do what any blogger would do (oh so now I'm a blogger all of a sudden). I fixed myself some coffee, and I sat down in front of the computer. First I read a few blogs. My DW thinks I'm a creeper because I like to read other peoples blogs. I never comment to the writer, but I enjoy reading them. It's funny how I never comment even though I have a thought or feeling regarding what I just read. It's also ironic that I never comment since everyday I go to my comments tab, feeling like Charlie Brown looking for that one valentine in his mail box, only to open it up and see nothing. After the blogs, I open my Facebook page. Again, I rarely comment, but I like to see what everybody else has to say. Then I begin this post.    

So soon it will be over. Soon I will finish this post and get started on some house work, and getting dinner started, and move on with the evening. Soon the heard will come trampling in the door with stories of school and eye doctor's visits. Soon my me time with be turned into us time. You know it's nice to have a little me time every now and then, but I certainly wouldn't give up our us time.

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment