Saturday, January 22, 2011

Maybe on Second Thought

So the other day the DW said something to me that I found hilarious. It probably struck me that way because it was so true, which leads me to today's post.

I'm not exactly sue what was going on that particular day, but just about every day, there is laundry being done in our house. Naturally a house of 5, we get dirty. So anyway, again on this day, at that moment our dryer was running, and she asks me, are you drying or ironing?

I started laughing because our dryer runs just as much to dry clothes as it does to iron them. You know like when you don't have time to get the wrinkles out of your shirt or pants so you toss them in the dryer (maybe with a wet washcloth), and ten minutes or so later...presto, no more wrinkles.
 
So that got me to thinking about what else around our house do we do that we probably shouldn't. Not that using your dryer as an iron is a bad thing, but it's not very efficient, and probably not good for the dryer. We have an iron, we just don't have an ironing board, maybe we should think about getting one. So anyway, here are a few other things I got to thinking about that we do around our house that maybe we shouldn't.

The dishwasher. The dishwasher is not a garbage disposal. Now this usually only occurs when the clowns load it, but the DW herself has a hard time with this one every once in a while. I know it sounds ridiculous, but just like Tim Allen's stand up routine, you can put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Maybe there are some out there that you can do that with, but not ours. You have to rinse them first.


The bedroom t.v. This should not be used as a night light. Yes our t.v stays on all night long. No sound, just the light. I think somebody here might be afraid of the dark.


One Friday and Saturday nights, we take the boy's mattress and move it into the girls room. He thinks he's missing out on something because the girls share a room. I guess this one isn't such a bad thing. It's sort of like a sleep over. Unless of course he grows up with some sort of complex.


We have both a cat and a dog, that spend time inside together. Aren't they like natural enemies?


At any given day a butter knife can be used as a screwdriver, a hammer, and something to spread butter. Hopefully not the same knife.


A swivel desk chair should not be used as a step stool. (Guilty as charged). Sometimes short people gotta do what they gotta do.


J-Tony


So tell me what are some things around your house that you all do, that you know are a little dangerous, or just generally not good ideas. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment