Sunday, November 28, 2010

Being Sick and Eating Turkey

Ok so I didn't post anything yesterday because I was to sick. I slept a good portion of the day away, and the other portion I didn't feel like doing much. Still not feeling 100% today, but somewhat better. I'm fighting a stomach bug. I believe the same one my clowns just got over. Throw in a fever and body aches and it makes it rough.

So anyway today is Sunday. We didn't go to church again today because of the sickness that has surrounded our house the last couple of weeks. The DW still has a head cold as well. So we'll take today and pretty much do nothing again. I know the kids are getting a little cabin fever, but what are you gonna' do?

We did have a pretty decent Thanksgiving day. We spent the day with my side of the family. Did the traditional meal watch football, look at store adds, discuss Christmas gifts. It was nice to get together.

So anyway on our way to my parents house for Thanksgiving, the DW decides she wants to make a Turkey. Says she's never cooked one and wants to try. Now it was suggested to her that maybe she start with something smaller, sort of a test run if you will, like a chicken or maybe a Cornish game hen something like that. However, when my DW gets something in her head that she wants or wants to do, that's usually the way it goes. So yesterday she went to the store and purchased a 12 pound turkey. So we'll see how it goes. So far it smells great. So we're going to have a mini Thanksgiving meal at the house tonight, and I'll be eating it even if it kills me.....I mean because of the stomach issues.

J-Tony

1 comment: