Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

So today it finally got cold and rainy here, and now they are calling for some snow fall. If haven't mentioned it before, I love the snow. I love the cold winter months. I love all that goes with cold snowy days. A little crazy huh?

You see I think that in the winter you spend more time with family. As I've said, I'm a simple man with a simple life, and that's the way I like it. That's the way I was raised. In the winter you stay home and enjoy the family. You play games with your children, you watch movies, and football, and I think your a little more grateful for the things you have. I know that I am.

The summer time has the sun, and water parks, and fireworks, and I get all that, but as I get older I hate the heat and humidity, the bugs, and the sunburns. Maybe it's a sure sign of getting old, but I enjoy winter, and it only magnifies that love when it snows.

So we put our Christmas tree up tonight. I remember when I was a child, my mom would always give us an "early" Christmas present when we put the tree up. It was her little way of kicking off the holiday season. Now a days my brother and his family watch a special movie when they put the tree up. It's a little tradition that he started when his clowns were young and he still does it. I think it's important to have family traditions. That's the type of stuff that clowns remember all their lives.

So tonight is one of those nights that I really have nothing to say. I'm looking forward to the next few days. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, more so then over the last few years, and these next couple of days really gets things started.

So as tomorrow is Thanksgiving I just want to say that I am truly thankful for my parents, who have always been great parents. You know it's not until we get older and have clowns of our own that we realize how hard the parenting thing can be. I'm also very thankful for all my immediate family as well as in-laws. You know a guy couldn't ask for better in-laws then what I have. You all in all I've been pretty blessed, and I am truly thankful. I know it's all very cliche, but whatever....Happy Thanksgiving.

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment