Monday, November 1, 2010

Sweet and Sour

Ok so I don't have much to say tonight really. Plus I need to make it fast since the Colts are playing on Monday Night Football tonight and it will start soon.See I'm a Colts fan so I try not to miss to many games. I've seen a lot of games from this team. I've seen them when they were 1-15 and one of the worst teams in the league. I remember when they first came to my home state back in like 1984. They weren't very good, but we didn't have a football team before that so who else were we going to root for. I've pretty much grown up with this team, and it's been pretty nice seeing them have the success they have over the last 10 plus years. So I'm pretty excited to watch them tonight.  Ok so that's the Sweet part of my post.

Now for the Sour part. I found out this evening that a gentlemen that we went to church with a few years back passed away tonight. I don't know the details but from what I do know it was sudden. He was about my age and has some young children so it makes me sad. It's one of those things that make you think. I know death is not something that we think much about, or at least I don't really. We drudge along complaining about our jobs or the car is making a funny noise or the kids are driving us crazy, or whatever it is, and we don't really think about death or dying. And I guess that's a good thing for the most part. Only when someone we know passes do we stop and think about it. And tonight this tragedy has made me stop and think a little bit. I know I've said it before that you really never know, but....you really never know. 

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment