Monday, November 15, 2010

What's Your Story

So today I realize that everybody has a "story". I guess I've always known this, but today it struck a nerve with me and was something that made me think.

You see today is Monday, and that means on Monday morning (and most all day long) it's time to analyze your weekends fantasy football did or did not's. See my league is made up of 12 guys, 11 of whom I work with. So after every weekend we "meet at the water cooler" and discuss what we should have done, or what somebody else should have done, or didn't do. Don't get me wrong, I love playing, but today it just struck me wrong or something. I mean I was to the point where I would see someone from my league around the office and avoid eye contact just so I wouldn't have to talk about it. Not because I lost and couldn't bare it (I actually won and am in the points lead, not that you care), but because everybody has a story.

People just can not accept the facts. Think about it. Have you have ever talked to somebody at the license branch who has had their license revoked? Just talk to them for a minute. Listen to them. There is always some "poor me" story of how the cops did them wrong. Or how the lady behind the counter didn't tell them they had to have the correct paperwork before hand. If you've ever had to be in defensive driving or some court mandated class you know exactly what I'm talking about. Everybody has a story, and most of the time it's not their fault. Somebody else screwed them over or didn't do something which in turn caused them to get in trouble.Today it just made me think. I mean as I'm listening to the same 'ol "I should have done this" story I just kept thinking, yeah but you didn't? Why are we talking about this..again. Didn't we discuss this last week?

I don't know I just got to thinking about this today, and about how everybody has a story. As a society I think we are always so quick to blame someone else for our actions. It's always easier to say, if it wasn't for this or that I wouldn't have done this or had to do that.

Well so anyway, What's your story??

J-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment